Stay Informed – Wildfires
Throughout wildfire season, especially during periods when wildfire conditions are present, be sure to pay attention to the following outlets to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Alert Ready is Canada’s emergency alerting system. Check if your wireless phone is compatible.
- WeatherCAN app provides the current and forecasted weather conditions including weather alerts.
- Public Weather Alerts for Canada provides the latest weather alerts.
- Weatheradio provides a map to locate your local network.
- Radio and television broadcasts.
Provincial and territorial information
Each province and territory is responsible for managing wildfires in their respective regions in cooperation with local authorities. In some cases, the federal government may be asked to assist. Learn more about wildfire prevention or information on the fire situation in your area on the provincial or territorial government websites listed below.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
The Government of Canada's Government Operations Centre (GOC) monitors the wildfire situation across the country. The GOC coordinates the federal government's response to events of national interest such as wildfires that may affect the safety and security of Canadians or critical infrastructure. If a provincial or territorial government requests federal assistance to deal with a wildfire, the GOC would coordinate a response.
- Date modified: